Traffic Courthouse in Ventura
Ventura is one of California’s most popular attractions for people who love the outdoors; whether it’s for surfing the beaches or RV camping, there’s never a shortage of vehicular traffic. Getting slapped with a traffic ticket is just a normal everyday occurrence on the 101 freeway or while cruising around downtown. Most citations can be contested in the traffic ticket court on Victoria Avenue by submitting a not-guilty plea. If you’ve been charged with a more serious offense, such as being caught driving with a suspended license, you should seek the assistance of one of our experienced traffic-law attorneys to prevent hefty fines or jail time.
Contesting Reckless Driving Charges
Minor moving-violation citations issued through a Ventura traffic ticket can be disputed by asserting your innocence in court. Misdemeanor offenses, however, such a reckless driving ticket, come with harsher penalties and a traffic-law attorney should help you through the legal process. Unlike paying a fine and moving on with your life, a misdemeanor traffic offense can result in jail time and a permanent mark on your driving record. This is when you need one of our seasoned and knowledgeable lawyers at your side.
What To Expect When Contesting a Reckless Driving Charge:
- Previous reckless driving convictions could make it a more serious offense.
- Prosecutors must prove you caused some type of harm, damage or injury.
- Evidence must be presented that you were driving with “wanton disregard” for the safety of other people or property.
- A conviction could lead to a jail sentence anywhere from five to 90 days.
- There could be a fine between $145 and $1,000.
- Defenses could be asserted such as there have been an emergency.
Contact Us Now to Contest Your Traffic Charges
The Ticket Clinic can help contest any traffic ticket and also provide an assertive defense against driving misdemeanors. We provide no-fee consultations and affordable legal representation. Call us at 1-800-248-2846 or contact us online to see how we can protect your rights in traffic court and preserve your driving privileges.