Traffic Court San Benito

Traffic Courthouse in San Benito County

If you incur a San Benito traffic ticket, you may be bewildered as to what happens next. You are responsible for taking care of the citation if you signed the ticket, and failure to take action could result in a misdemeanor, a suspended driver’s license, or an additional $300 in assessment fees. You should receive a courtesy notice from the court within four weeks with further instructions; however, the court will not excuse you from the responsibility of taking action prior to the due date on the citation if you do not receive the courtesy notice. You have several options as to the action that you take; you can choose to pay the fine, or you can contest the citation in court, either representing yourself or by hiring a speeding ticket lawyer to defend you.

You Can Choose To Pay the Fine

If you choose to pay the fine rather than going to traffic court, there are several options available to you.

  • Pay online with debit, Visa, or MasterCard
  • Pay by mail with check or money order
  • Pay in person (using check, money order, or cash) at the San Benito County Traffic Division, located at 450 Fourth Street Hollister, California
  • Pay by mail with money order or check (not cash)
  • Pay using debit or credit by automated phone system by calling (831) 636-4057

The payment systems will only accept payment in full, and when credit cards are an option, they only accept MasterCard or Visa. If you choose to pay in person, office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

You Can Also Fight Back

Don’t forget that you always have the right contest the ticket in traffic ticket court. While you can represent yourself, an accident ticket lawyer has the skills and experience to argue your case. The burden of proof is always on the state to prove that you engaged in an illegal activity that caused an accident or resulted in a citation.

Choose The Ticket Clinic

With a success rate of over 80%, The Ticket Clinic has been defending California drivers in traffic court since 1987. Call us at 1-800-248-2846 for a free consultation.